Sesana

Siege
Brian Michael Bendis, Olivier Coipel
Scrivener's Moon - Audio
Philip Reeve
Will & Whit - Laura Lee Gulledge Laura Lee Gulledge quotes Doctor Who and references Firefly in this book. I could almost stop there, since that's how the author fully won me over. But the truth is that she didn't need the references. I like this book, and especially the characters, well enough without.

This is the sort of quiet book where not much happens. At least, there aren't many big events. It's just about the characters, and how they change over the course of the book. We see the most change in the main character, Will (short for Willhelmina). Will lost her parents, and has been trying to bury her grief. But it isn't all about her. It's also about her two best friends, both struggling to gain confidence in themselves. And it's about art, and how it can be used as an escape or as therapy.

I read and loved [b:Page by Paige|8928004|Page by Paige|Laura Lee Gulledge|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1287612691s/8928004.jpg|13804487], which is also about art as an outlet. The art in this one is every bit as lovely as in Page by Paige, but I think Gulledge has improved as a storyteller.