Sesana

Siege
Brian Michael Bendis, Olivier Coipel
Scrivener's Moon - Audio
Philip Reeve
Avengers: The Children's Crusade - Allan Heinberg I have no idea why I picked this up. I've never read Young Avengers. Most of the characters I don't know at all, and haven't seen in any other titles that I can remember. I wasn't particularly invested in the Scarlet Witch storyline after House of M. And yet here I am, reading it anyway. Surprisingly, it was actually pretty good. I'm sure I would have gotten more out of it, much more, if I'd been invested in the cast of Young Avengers. But I liked what I saw here, and I believed their motivations and internal conflicts. I can see that this gives some closure to what must have been a long running storyline in Young Avengers (are Wiccan and Speed the sons of Scarlet Witch?) and I imagine that somebody who had that backstory would feel a lot more satisfied with the resolution.

I have to wonder, after reading this, if Marvel editorial had already decided to do [b:Avengers vs. X-Men|14885892|Avengers vs. X-Men|Brian Michael Bendis|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1355941058s/14885892.jpg|20539640], because a lot of the conflict here foreshadows what's to come. Maybe I'm giving Marvel editorial too much credit with that, because this conflict actually made more sense to me. Notably, everybody here is a hell of a lot more reasonable than they would be in Avengers vs. X-men. But I won't rehash my argument that the entire thing was unnecessary here. I'm not sure the way the conflict is resolved makes that much sense, and it sure doesn't speak much to justice to me, but it is, at least, a resolution.