Sesana

Siege
Brian Michael Bendis, Olivier Coipel
Scrivener's Moon - Audio
Philip Reeve
Thief of Thieves, Vol. 1: "I Quit" - Nick Spencer, Felix Serrano, Shawn Martinbrough, Robert Kirkman I actually really, really enjoyed this. I get that there really isn't anything that original here, but it's put together in a really fun way. The characters pop, the dialog can be snappy while being something that actual people would actual say, and the heists are really fun to read. And I can't say enough good about the art. It reminds me, in some ways, of Sean Phillips's consistently fantastic art for the [b:Criminal|106033|Criminal, Vol. 1 Coward|Ed Brubaker|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1348189021s/106033.jpg|102209] series, but with more of a contemporary thriller feel than the retro, noirish one Phillips brings.

It's worth pointing out that, despite his top billing, Kirkman wrote little, if any, of what's on the page. That credit rightfully goes to Nick Spencer, the writer on this arc. It seems Kirkman's position on the series is something like a showrunner on a TV series. How much of what we see is his and how much is Spencer's we'll probably never know, but I feel comfortable giving Spencer the credit for the specific dialog on the page.