Sesana

Siege
Brian Michael Bendis, Olivier Coipel
Scrivener's Moon - Audio
Philip Reeve
The Dark Game: True Spy Stories from Invisible Ink to CIA Moles - Paul B. Janeczko This is by no means a complete history of espionage, but it doesn't try to be. It's a brief overview of some very cool spy stories, almost entirely American. Janeczko is at his best when he's writing the specific stories of individuals and small groups. And honestly, that's when the espionage gets the most interesting. Take the story of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_Pujol_Garcia>Joan Pujol Garcia, a World War II double agent so convincing that he got an Iron Cross. To my mind, Janeczko was writing at the level of teenaged readers, without talking down to them, so huge bonus points for that. The Cold War chapter does tend to get a bit dry and lacks the human interest of earlier chapters, and naturally the book has to cut off well before any of us would like. Both are most likely due to the lack of declassified sources. I personally could have done with a bit more background information in each chapter, and there's a big jump between the Civil War and World War I (and between the Revolutionary War and the Civil War, for that matter). But those are mostly quibbles with a very entertaining and seemingly well-researched book.