Sesana

Siege
Brian Michael Bendis, Olivier Coipel
Scrivener's Moon - Audio
Philip Reeve
Batwing, Vol. 2: In the Shadow of the Ancients - Judd Winick I had really enjoyed the first volume of Batwing. If anything, I liked this one more. Unlike some of the other new Bat family books, (Batwoman, I'm looking at you) Batwing has been given a roster of villains that are actually unique and interesting in their own rights. Lord Battle in particular, whose true power set ended up being fantastically mythical in nature. I think David, as opposed to Batwing, got the short end of the characterization stick in this volume, but that's pretty normal for a Bat family book. Batman and Nightwing end up playing fairly large parts in the story, and Robin and Batgirl show up in more supporting roles, but they don't overshadow Batwing in his own book. If anything, it's a great look at how the concept of Batman, Incorporated is meant to work. And honestly, I could do with quite a bit more of Batwing and Nightwing teaming up, because they play off each other perfectly. There are two (relatively) low points that I noticed: the revelation of Massacre and the Court of Owls tie in story. Massacre's true identity had been telegraphed so heavily that there was no suspense for the reader, though I believe that Batwing would be slower on the uptake and his shocked reaction was handled fairly well. The Court of Owls tie in was sort of mediocre to me, though that could just be because I'd already read it, in [b:Batman: The Night of the Owls|15784159|Batman The Night of the Owls|Scott Snyder|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1344000972s/15784159.jpg|21501850]. If anything, it proves how entirely pointless the Night of Owls collection was. As a whole, I'd have to say that Batwing is one of my favorite of the New 52 titles, so far.