Sesana

Siege
Brian Michael Bendis, Olivier Coipel
Scrivener's Moon - Audio
Philip Reeve
Teen Titans, Vol. 6: Titans Around the World - Geoff Johns, Tony S. Daniel, Sandra Hope Another Titans book hampered by a crossover event. After [b:Infinite Crisis|66483|Infinite Crisis|Geoff Johns|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1170651992s/66483.jpg|959045], the main DC books skipped a year in their storyline, to make room for [b:52|160841|52, Vol. 1|Geoff Johns|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1348015404s/160841.jpg|1391808]. In general, that idea paid off, because 52 was a great read. But it caused a certain amount of chaos, in Teen Titans at least. And sadly, it sounds like we missed some really good stuff.

We start the book one year after the events of Infinite Crisis, with Cyborg finally regaining consciousness. A good idea to frame the thing, since at least one character shares our confusion at everything that's happened. In that year, the previous roster of Titans have all gone their separate ways, and the current team is... Well, it's less than inspiring. Apparently, something like twenty Titans have come and gone in just a year, all leaving for one reason or another. And one of the new Titans is Ravager, daughter of Deathstroke, last seen (if I remember correctly) gouging out one of her eyes so she'd be Just Like Daddy. It's a shame that we miss all of this happening, because it sounds like it could have been a great read.

What we actually do see is a fragmented, possibly temporary team of Titans go in search of Raven. It takes a long time for the story to get going, because it is, by necessity, exposition heavy on the front end. It doesn't actually pick up until the last two or three issues. But at least it picks up then, even if the traitor storyline is completely underwhelming. It does look like a promising step forward for the book, as far as the cast of characters goes. Here's hoping.