Sesana

Siege
Brian Michael Bendis, Olivier Coipel
Scrivener's Moon - Audio
Philip Reeve
Thor Visionaries: Walter Simonson, Vol. 1 - Walter Simonson I read this as part of an attempt to learn more about Thor, since I've liked him so much in the Marvel movies. I'd read something like a few pages with Thor beforehand, and I don't know terribly much about Norse mythology, so I don't really have any preconceived notions. So I'm happy to report that this was really good reading.

If there's one thing I expected going into Thor, it was that the language would be intentionally and archaically formal. It's what one does with Thor, after all. And here's it's handled pretty well. It doesn't sound pretentious or false. It sounds like how the gods of Asgard should talk. That alone can be hard to do. Pair that with storylines that are actually interesting to read and some great new characters, and the whole collection, big as it is, becomes a pleasure to read. This is where Beta Ray Bill comes in, and I was surprised at how much I actually liked him and his story. The collection does end in a bit of a cliffhanger, so I'll have to read more. Such a hardship.