Sesana

Siege
Brian Michael Bendis, Olivier Coipel
Scrivener's Moon - Audio
Philip Reeve
The Walking Dead, Vol. 17: Something to Fear - Robert Kirkman With this collection, The Walking Dead tops 100 issues. Quite an achievement. I do have mixed feelings about this collection, though.

On one hand, I do like that Kirkman is trying to explore all of the situations that might pop up post-zombie uprising. Here, we have Negan and his protection racket. The situation itself, and the way it's handled, is fairly realistic. I'm also enjoying the hints, spread thinly over the last few volumes, that maybe this too shall pass. The severely rotted zombie in this volume, indicating that the zombies aren't functionally immortal. Eventually, they'll get to a point where they won't be able to move.

That said, this is a horribly grim series. I think I'm still reading at this point just because I'm hooked, because the way that Glenn was murdered was almost enough to make me quit in the middle of the volume. I get brutal. This is the zombie apocalypse, after all. But I don't like when an author seems to be throwing in the most brutal scenes he can think of just for shock value, and that's sure how it played here. I'd say that I don't know how much more of that I can take, but who am I kidding? I'm hooked, and I suppose I will be until the last sympathetic character exits the story.