Sesana

Siege
Brian Michael Bendis, Olivier Coipel
Scrivener's Moon - Audio
Philip Reeve
Bradbury Stories: 100 of His Most Celebrated Tales - Ray Bradbury It's always hard to review a collection of short stories. It's especially hard with a collection like this. For one, it's massive. 100 short stories, nearly 900 pages, and a lethal weapon in eleven states. This is a long term investment of reading time. Probably it's better to keep it on your bedside table and read a story or two a night, but it can be read straight through.

There are many impressive things about this collection, but the consistent quality has to top the list. Even the stories that I didn't like as much are still really good. This is especially impressive because the stories were written over a period of more than 50 years (the earliest story is from 1943, the latest from 1999). Also impressive is how Bradbury seemed to be able to move through genres, from the science fiction he's probably best known for to fantasy to nostalgic realism and even bittersweet romance.

I love Bradbury's writing, especially in short stories. I had already read more than a few of the stories (much of [b:Dandelion Wine|50033|Dandelion Wine|Ray Bradbury|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1170366282s/50033.jpg|1627774] and [b:The Martian Chronicles|76778|The Martian Chronicles|Ray Bradbury|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1338384826s/76778.jpg|4636013] is here, for example) and I'm familiar with his voice and style. He's very good at writing characters who live and breathe on the page after just a few lines. Really, I can't say enough good about Bradbury's short stories in general. My only criticism of the book, which is petty, is that it doesn't include "There Will Come Soft Rains", a nostalgic favorite of mine since it was the first of Bradbury's short stories that I ever read.