Sesana

Siege
Brian Michael Bendis, Olivier Coipel
Scrivener's Moon - Audio
Philip Reeve
Green Lantern, Vol. 1: Sinestro - Geoff Johns, Doug Mahnke Be warned: even though it's a New 52 title, you really need to have read the prior Green Lantern event, [b:War of the Green Lanterns|11186458|War of the Green Lanterns|Geoff Johns|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1344739832s/11186458.jpg|16111189]. It seems DC chickened out of rebooting the entire line and allowed the Green Lantern books to continue on as though nothing had happened. Sure, you could tackle it anyways, but don't expect anything to be explained, or for this to be an origin story. That said, it can be a fun read.

Hal Jordan is now without a ring, and Sinestro is a Green Lantern again. This leads, in fairly short order, to Sinestro drafting Hal to help him free his homeworld by giving him a ring that he can (partially control). I liked how Johns handled Hal's return to Earth (he had been a superhero for a long time, after all) and his early interactions with Carol Ferris. I also liked how the people of Korugar reacted to Sinestro showing up again. Considering the history, it made sense for them to be less than welcoming and sceptical of his motives. And there is some interesting set up here for what is likely the next big Green Lantern event.

The art, on the other hand, I did not particularly care for. The artist seemed to have a hard time with any facial expressions other than blank, and result, particularly on Hal, particularly when he's meant to be smiling, is uncanny valley at best and grotesque at worst. The art isn't bad overall, I just felt that the artist needs to work on realistic expressions that don't look vaguely demented.