Sesana

Siege
Brian Michael Bendis, Olivier Coipel
Scrivener's Moon - Audio
Philip Reeve
Action Comics, Vol. 1: Superman and the Men of Steel - Grant Morrison, Rags Morales, Andy Kubert This is the kind of thing Morrison can do when he keeps himself in check. He can take a tired, worn out, overpowered character like Superman and remake him from the ground up, exactly as he was originally intended to be. This is a Superman who has faults, isn't omnipotent, and has a passion for social justice. He's actually intersting. There's a few moments of Morrison weirdness, but he keeps himself on a pretty tight reign. I can only imagine that's because he seems to have a lot of respect for the history of the character.

Huge bonus points go to Rags Morales, for art that is outstanding overall, and especially for some really clever design that makes Clark's paper thin disguise vaguely believable.

I had long since discounted Superman as a character, and to read a book that actually made me care is pretty amazing. If this is the one and only good thing to come out of New 52... Well, maybe it was a good idea, after all.