Sesana

Siege
Brian Michael Bendis, Olivier Coipel
Scrivener's Moon - Audio
Philip Reeve
Teen Titans, Vol. 1: It's Our Right to Fight - Scott Lobdell, Brett Booth, Norm Rapmund The three stars is largely for something that Lobdell has no control over, the continuity issues. I'm starting to hate this New 52 thing. Why? Because the Bat family books and characters did not reboot with everybody else, as far as I can tell. Which means that we have Red Robin (Tim Drake) both forming Teen Titans for the very first time, while also having been a member of Teen Titans for years, with Wonder Girl, Kid Flash, and Superman, who he is both meeting for the first time and has been friends with for years. This is not Lobdell's fault, because none of this was his idea.

But the changes to Cassie's personality probably were. I'm reserving judgement on that, unlike her costume (don't like) and Tim's new wings (urgh). I'm actually reserving judgement on a lot of things, because I'm just not entirely sure how it'll play out. Like what will be done with Skitter (who is right now strangely similar to Penance, another Lobdell creation) and Bunker (it's awesome that he's casually, openly gay, but he's leaning towards stereotype right now, something that may change as he gets further development). Also not happy that the storyline apparently ends in a crossover? Sigh.

What I did like, though, is the way that most of this is written. The dialog is pretty sharp, and the characters are at least consistently written. I like the team dynamic that's being set up here, even if the overarching storyline is leaving me a little cold (because I've never seen a storyline where the government turns against superpowered kids, right?).