Sesana

Siege
Brian Michael Bendis, Olivier Coipel
Scrivener's Moon - Audio
Philip Reeve
Cable and Deadpool, Vol. 6: Paved With Good Intentions - Reilly Brown, Fabian Nicieza, Staz Johnson Oh dear, it's basically a Civil War tie-in. Sigh. I'm on record as hating the Civil War stuff, so I wasn't thrilled to see that this was involved. It was blatantly obvious that Deadpool was only pro-Registration because the editors needed to maintain their artificial 50/50 split and there was no way in hell they could finesse Cable being on the pro side. Don't get me wrong, I buy that Deadpool would take a paycheck to hunt down unregistered heroes, and have fun doing it. And the arguments he spouted in favor of the act do make some sense, on the surface. But I don't for one moment buy Deadpool as actually believing them. Editorial just needed somebody in this book to say them. This is all aside from the fact that the government hiring a seasoned assassin (that would be Deadpool) to literally hunt down anybody who has the unmitigated gall to stop a purse snatcher without having the proper permit in place is the perfect illustration of everything that was wrong with the Registration act in the first place.