Sesana

Siege
Brian Michael Bendis, Olivier Coipel
Scrivener's Moon - Audio
Philip Reeve
Wednesday Comics - Dave Gibbons, Kurt Busiek, José Luis García-López, Ryan Sook, Jimmy Palmiotti, Mike Allred, Eduardo Risso, Kevin Nowlan, Brian Azzarello, Walter Simonson, Ben Caldwell, Amanda Conner, Mark Chiarello, Joe Kubert, Kyle Baker, Keith Giffen, Dan DiDio, Paul Pope, Adam Kubert, K Like with all anthologies, the rating is really splitting the difference. Some of the stories here were fantastic, others... not so much.

The best stories were The Demon and the Catwoman (Teaming up Catwoman and Etrigan was... unexpected. It ended up being fun, even if Catwoman was largely absent in the middle.), Deadman (A character I know little about, but a very interesting story that seemed to really work to his stengths.), Kamandi (Post-apocalyptic and fabulous), Supergirl (Cute and somewhat silly, and co-starring the Super Pets.), and Metamorpho (A bit of an affectionate parody, though the periodic table pages may have been over-ambitious. The joke ran a little thin.)

The Batman, Adam Strange, Hawkman, and Sgt. Rock stories were just not to my taste, though I really disliked the art in Hawkman. I did like the Teen Titans story, but wasn't a fan of the art. The Wonder Woman story I simply couldn't get through because of the style. The rest were good enough. As a whole, there was far more good than bad in the collection, and I'd recommend it to anyone who likes a little camp and a little retro in their comics.